Okay – you’ve decided it’s time to “get in shape” once and for all, and you’re ready to really take control over your health and fitness so you will look better and feel better the healthy way – through supportive nutrition and exercise. Time and experience have shown you the wisdom of accountability and structure in other facets of your life, and you understand the value of applying those success principles to your health and fitness. You understand that to get what you want, you MUST change your lifestyle.
You’ve probably heard many of the amazing success stories from people who invested in their health and fitness by utilizing a professional Miami personal trainer. And you have decided to seek expert guidance yourself. But how do you find the right Miami personal trainer? How do you know who the right person is to work with?
Here are five very clear criteria for making an informed decision:
- The Miami personal trainer you choose must be certified by a nationally accredited institution.The gold standard for certification agencies are the American Council on Exercise, National Strength & Conditioning Association, and American College of Sports Medicine. A qualified trainer should at minimum have a certification with one of these agencies. But that just means they’ve passed the “baseline of standards” to call themselves a Miami personal trainer. It does not mean they are good at what they do or can deliver a specific result. There is a big difference between a run-of-the-mill “trainer” and a trainer who is true “fitness professional.” Ask what certifications your prospective trainer holds, what educational degrees he or she holds, and most of all, what documented track record of success he or she has.
- The Miami personal trainer you choose should do more than just “take you through a workout.”A top quality Miami fitness professional does more than just “take you through a workout.” Anyone can count to 15 and hold a clipboard. Look for a Miami Personal Trainer who will educate you about all the components necessary to achieve optimal health and real, lasting fitness results. Your trainer should review nutrition education with you, educate you about proper supplementation, review resistance training (whether that be balance training, core work, stabilization training, etc.), Cardiovascular exercise to maximize fat burning, flexibility to avoid injury and speed recovery, and really walk you through all the steps that encompass the “mental development” side. Goal setting, putting together a plan of action, and then holding you accountable and supporting you through the entire process is absolutely critical to your success. A real Miami personal trainer is not only adept at the fundamentals of exercise and nutrition, but is also skilled at the psychology of personal development and achievement.
- Ask for Proof of ResultsA top Miami personal trainer should be able to do more than just talk about results – they should be able to prove they deliver with case studies and success stories, documented by pictures and testimonial evidence. Ask for proof of client results. Do they have before & after photos of clients, testimonials, and enthusiastic references? Can you speak with a client to inquire about their experience working with them? If a fitness pro can’t offer this kind of concrete proof, then buyer beware.
- Ask for a GuaranteeAccording to a Consumer Reports study there is more dissatisfaction in the diet industry than any other industry. That’s crazy. Think about it – if you took your car to a mechanic you’d expect it to be fixed – not come back with 2 or 3 pings and a loose belt! Working with a good Miami Personal Trainer they should be the same as any other industry. If they aren’t willing to guarantee your results then find someone who will. Spending your time and energy without a guarantee of results is like going to an incompetent mechanic! Don’t waste your money, or more importantly, your time working with someone who can’t offer an iron clad, money-back guarantee of your success.
- Choose a Miami Personal Trainer Who Will Empower You for Life!A great Miami fitness coach will do more than just help you achieve your goals. A true Miami personal trainer will teach you the foundation of knowledge so you will no longer be lost in the “sea of confusion” when it comes to all the diet and exercise hype. The foundation of knowledge and correct techniques you’ll learn will allow you to maintain your results for life!
The best Miami personal trainers view their role as an “agent of change.” Not as a babysitter, repetition-counter or social companion. Friendliness and rapport-building skills are important (and the best trainers have both), but true fitness professionals recognize they have a singular responsibility that supersedes all others: helping you achieve optimum and lasting results by literally ‘re-programming’ you to a better, healthier, more passionate and more fulfilling lifestyle.
Here at Dubail Fitness, ALL our professional, expert Miami personal trainers meet the five critical criteria listed in this report. We take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding the expectations of each of our clients. And we look forward to doing precisely that for you. If you have not already done so, call 305-859-2345 today to schedule your preliminary health and fitness consultation with us. We look forward to being your “agent of change.”